Application is now open!
Do you want to work for a top financial services company and have an exciting career in Finance? (The application for TD Securities Operations is now closed. Business banking application TBD) Here's a chance to do both. The TD Bank Group Lime Connect Canada Scholarship Program provides recipients with a $2500 scholarship and a paid 2017 summer internship in one of these top divisions with TD, a company that places emphasis on opportunity, leadership and the value of a diverse workforce.
- Current student at a 4-year university in Canada
- Returning to school in the fall 2017
- High academic standing
- Record of achievement in extracurricular activities
- Eligible to work in Canada
- A person with a (visible or invisible) disability, defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
Preferred qualifications for Finance or Business Banking roles include (Application is now open):
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, actuarial science, mathematics or business
- Proven critical thinking, leadership, business acumen and relationship building
- Flexibility, adaptability, a self-starter with sound judgment
- Ability to work independently with effective time management and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Learning agility and analytical mindset, quantitative and qualitative
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
How to apply: Please note, you must complete both steps.
- Contact and education information
- Current resume
- Unofficial academic transcript
- Answer to an essay question related to your career goals and why you believe you should be selected for the scholarship.
2. Go to this link at Jobs at TD , complete your application including:
- 1 page cover letter
- resume ( no more than 2 pages)
- transcript (may be unofficial)
Applications for the 2017 scholarship is open. Go to apply.limeconnect to apply. Deadline is Midnight Sunday, January 29th.
Preferred qualifications for Securities (Capital Markets) Global Operations and Business Services roles include:
- Graduating in December 2017 or Spring/Summer 2018
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in business or engineering
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills; can see the "big picture" in a complex environment
- Excellent verbal (both one-on-one and in small groups) and written communication skills
- Ability to develop solid business relationships with customers, business partners and stakeholders
- Candidates should be self-starters and team players who want to work in a dynamic environment with other great people that are innovative, customer-focused and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Well-organized, and can prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be effective in both team and independent working environments
- Strong communicator with the ability to impact and influence others; demonstrated presentation skills
- Advanced Excel skills are an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach his or her potential.