Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors
Lime Connect believes strongly in the potential of high school students who have all types of disabilities and is committed to supporting their future. In 2019, we were pleased to launch our inaugural Pathways Scholarship designed for current high school seniors who are pursuing a degree at a four-year university or college in either the U.S. or Canada. We have impacted 45 promising students through this award and we have increased our giving each year.
Multiple students are selected for this award each year and these awards are merit-based, however, financial needs will be taken into consideration.
The Pathways Scholarship is funded through proceeds from our annual Lime Connect Century Ride. Find out how you can participate to support next year’s scholarship recipients. Click here to learn more. You can also learn more about our past winners Kaitlyn, Meghan D., Megan G. and Marcus.
2023 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- Have, or consider themselves to have a visible or invisible disability*
- Current high school senior in the U.S. or Canada graduating in the Spring or Summer of 2023
- Accepted to, or applied and awaiting acceptance to, a 4-year university or college in the U.S. or Canada for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Intending to be enrolled full-time in that 4-year university or college in Fall 2023
* An individual with a disability is defined as someone who has or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Applications have closed for the 2023 award. Please join the Lime Connect Community today to learn more about our current opportunities.
Join, or log into The Lime Network. There, you’ll find the link to our online application system where you will provide:
- General Background Information ( e.g., contact information, and details about your intended college/university)
- Answer one essay question related to living successfully with a disability
- Note: The first round of the application does not require a letter of recommendation. You will only be prompted to submit reference information if you are selected as a Finalist.
- Applications will launch in March, and the deadline to apply will be early June, 2023.
The Application Process:
– 2023 Finalists will be selected from overall applications, and all applicants will be notified of their status in early June.
– 2023 Finalists (only) will then submit one letter of reference from a teacher, advisor, supervisor, youth leader, etc. in mid-June.
– Selected Scholars will provide verification of university or college acceptance prior to receiving the award (mid-to-late July).
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT YOUR LIME NETWORK PROFILE:
You will be asked to select your “current institution.” You may select your intended university/college, or you may select “no current institution” if you are not certain of which one you will attend. You may log back in at any time to update your profile.
Not a match? Register with The Lime Network to learn of other opportunities. If you’re a parent, join Friends of The Lime Network (for those without disabilities) and we’ll notify you when the application launches.