The Tom Wilson Leadership in Disability Award
As Lime Connect president/CEO Susan Lang says, “without Tom’s support, there would be no Lime Connect. He understood the immense talent that people with disabilities possess, and also fully realized Lime’s value proposition. His decision to establish Merrill Lynch as Lime’s first partner led the way for other global corporations to follow, and we will forever be grateful to Tom for his vision, leadership, and commitment to the professional development of high potential individuals with disabilities.”
Recipients of this prestigious award will:
- Participate in career-changing mentorship with a Lime Connect board member during their award year
- Be recognized, and receive the award, at a dinner with Lime’s global board, corporate partners, and Fellows in NYC (late July 2024, travel included)
- Be recognized, and share their story, at a “Fireside Chat” with Lime’s Canada board, corporate partners, and Lime Network members in Toronto (Spring, 2024, travel included)
- Receive recognition by Lime Connect and the broader disability and general communities through ongoing PR communications
- Serve as a role model and access additional opportunities to share your knowledge and experiences with Lime’s communities
- Be highlighted in Lime Connect marketing materials and website as the inaugural recipient
- Build community with previous and future Tom Wilson Leadership Awardees
- High potential/highly accomplished young professional (5-10 years in career)
- Individual with any type of disability In the U.S. or Canada Lives out “rebranding disability through achievement” through success in their profession and/or being outstanding in their field
- Has exhibited leadership, and/or serves as a role model, in the professional/corporate disability space, e.g., helped to start an ERG, mentor program, highly engaged in recruiting employees with disabilities, etc.
Note: The scope of this award does not include leadership in disability rights or disability advocacy work. Current Lime Connect NextGen board members are not eligible. The awardee will serve as a role model, and represent Lime Connect to, and with, members of The Lime Network and the disability community in general. As you review, please consider how they would speak, and represent Lime Connect, in ways that will allow those who hear from them to deepen their commitment to our work – with our corporate partners – to break stereotypes.
Deadline to apply EXTENDED: Tuesday, February 13th at midnight PST