Lime Connect Privacy Notice
By submitting your personal information through, or otherwise using the Site, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
- The information that we collect about you and how we collect it:
We collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site and from third parties, such as our business partners or service providers.
a. Information you provide:
You may provide us with Personal Information when you fill out forms or fields on the Site, when you register for an account, when you purchase products on the Site or when you contact us or request information about us, this Site or our products or services (whether by email or other means). This may include your:
- contact information, such as your email address and phone number;
- home and/or business address;
- marketing preferences;
- education or experience history;
- disability status and your specific disability, should you choose to disclose it;
- race, sexual orientation, and gender or gender identity, should you choose to disclose it;
- military/veteran status, should you choose to disclose it;
- communications with us via the Site; and
- any other information that you provide to us when you complete forms, including on the Site or through surveys.
Please note that your financial information, such as payment method (credit card number and expiration date), may be used and stored by one or more third-party service providers, including QGiv ("Donation Platform"), and the use and storage of that information is governed by our Donation Platform's Terms of Service and Privacy Notice available at https://www.qgiv.com/privacy-policy. We may from time to time request and receive information about your donation activities from our Donation Processor for purposes of completing transactions or protecting against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions.
b. Information we automatically collect:
When you visit the Site, or use a third-party website that interacts with our Site, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit before or after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site.
When you use the Site, we may send one or more cookies (which are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer or mobile device, to recognize your web browser, help analyze our web page flow, customize our content, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. You are always free to decline our cookies through your browser settings, although doing so may interfere with your ability to use the Site or certain features of the Site.
That use may also be subject to the Facebook Business Tools which includes social plugins such as the Like and Share buttons. Additional information is available here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/technology_terms.
2. How we use the information we collect:
- We generally use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us in order to provide you with information you request from us or to fulfill any other purposes for which you provide such information.
- We may use Personal Information in any way we may describe to you when you provide such information or for any other purpose with your consent.
- We may use non-identifying information (including aggregated data) about your use of the Site to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site, and to improve fraud detection and information security.We may use your e-mail address or other Personal Information to contact you (a) for administrative purposes such as account recovery or to notify you of changes to this Privacy Notice or other policies or to our services and/or (b) to send you promotional materials about our or our partners’ services. Please see Section 4, below, for information about how to opt out of receiving such communications.
- We may use information we collect (including automatically or through cookies) to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; and (b) monitor aggregate Site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
3. When we disclose your information: We may disclose without restriction aggregated information about our users, and information that cannot independently be used to identify any individual.
We do not sell, share or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice to third parties in the course of conducting our business operations, including:
- To our third-party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, credit card processing and other services for us;
- If required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to take precautions against liability (including to assist government enforcement agencies; to comply with state and federal laws; or in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant);
- To comply with various reporting obligations;
- To protect ourselves from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, protect the security or integrity of the Site, and to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, whether as a going concern or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding; and
- In any way we may describe to you when you provide such information, to fulfill any other purposes for which you provide such information or for any other purpose with your consent.
4. Your Choices:
- You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site.
- Once you have registered for an account, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Site.
- If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us (except for emails related to the completion of your registration, change of password, your purchase of goods or services and other communications essential to your transactions through the Site) by (a) using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email, (b) updating your account preferences through the Site, or (c) contacting us directly at info(at)limeconnect.com. Should you opt out, we will promptly honor your request and reflect it in our active databases, though we may retain certain information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups, archiving, analytics, the prevention of fraud or abuse and compliance with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- Depending upon the jurisdiction in which you reside, and subject to legal and contractual restrictions you may, using the contact information provided in section 11 below, (a) request to examine any personal information about you that we hold, (b) request correction of any personal information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete, or (c) request the deletion of your personal information; however, please note that deletion of some information may impact our ability to provide you with certain services. Where we are unable to provide access to all the personal information we hold about you, we will provide the reasons why we are unable to do so. Note that, in an effort to prevent fraudulent or unauthorized requests for access, we may request identification for authentication purposes.
5. Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information directly from persons under 13 years of age (“children”), and no part of the services is directed to children. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the services from children and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us using the contact information below to request that we delete the information from our systems.
6. Our Commitment to Data Security:
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your Personal Information; however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site by third parties. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
7. Visitors from Outside the United States:
This Site is controlled and operated by Lime Connect, Inc., a 501(c)(3) not for profit in the United States. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you acknowledge that you will be transferring your information, including Personal Information, outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, as necessary to provide to you the products and services available through the Site.
8. Limitation of Liability:
By accessing this Site and/or providing us with Personal Information and other data, you expressly and unconditional release and hold us harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of such data. In addition, while we take efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data by our service providers that may receive your information from us, we are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your information caused by those service providers.
9. Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
10. Do Not Track Disclosures
Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how “Do Not Track” should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
11. Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by e-mail at info(at)limeconnect.com.
Last Updated: May 26, 2023